Flashpoint R2 Pro Mark II controller always sets modeling light to proportional

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
JerryBez New Member • Posts: 18
Flashpoint R2 Pro Mark II controller always sets modeling light to proportional

The moment I power on the Flashpoint R2 Pro Mark II controller (for Canon), it sets the modeling lights on all of my strobes (Flashpoint Studio 400) to Proportional despite my manually setting the modeling lights directly on the strobes to 100%.

If I test fire the strobes from the Flashpoint App, the modeling lights do remain at 100% - until I turn on the controller, test fire from the controller or trigger the controller from my camera.

There are times (which I'm unable to consistently replicate) when after powering the controller on, that the strobe's modeling lights remain at 100% - until I trigger the flashes from the controller - and then they'll all be set to proportional.

Changing the modeling light settings on the Flashpoint app has no effect on the modeling lights.

Changing the modeling light settings on the controller has no effect on the modeling lights.

Changing the modeling light settings on the strobes has no effect on the controller or the app.

The only thing that the controller and the app control is turning the modeling lights on and off.

I updated the Firmware on the controller to v1.5 and even reverted back to v1.1 to see if that would solve the problem, to no avail.

Perhaps the solution is something as simple as a setting on the controller. Unfortunately, the manual isn't all that clear to me.

Thank you in advance for any assistance in solving this problem.

JerryBez's gear list:JerryBez's gear list
Canon EOS R5
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow