A6600 IBIS

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
José B
José B Forum Pro • Posts: 19,856
A6600 IBIS

Just got my new lens so I decided to test the IBIS of the A6600 since the 135/1.8 GM doesn't have OSS. With my full frame 50MP Canon 5DS, I normally shoot at least 1/160 SS with the 135/2 L due to camera shake which I think is kinda normal for a high resolution DSLR. Anyway, I treat my new lens like a 200mm and to be able to shoot handheld at 1/60 sec.  is amazing! This way I can shoot at lower ISOs especially for static subjects.

I got the lens for some sports, butterflies, and ducks. Some model shoots for sure although given my early 2000s experience with the 135L and Canon 20D-----I have to stand at least 25 ft. away from the subject to take a full body shot. However, with a 2.3 ft minimum focus, it's a pleasant surprise that I can do a bit of macro with it.

I decided to shoot at f/11 on this one as I want the clasp to be in focus too

Cheers,

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Sony a6500 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +14 more
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 5DS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow