Help with group photo focus mode.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Prince Harbinger
Prince Harbinger Regular Member • Posts: 175
Help with group photo focus mode.

Hi, everyone! I'm having a bit of a issue, and I believe it is due to my settings. I recently switched my focus area to Flexible Spot: M on my A7Riii that is fully up to date paired with my 50mm F/1.2 GM. I learned from a few Sony photographers on Youtube that this was the ideal setting for portrait and wedding photographers. I took some family photos yesterday. As I'm sure most of you did as well. I noticed at F/4 with a group of three that the subject in the front was in focus and the subjects behind them where slightly out of focus. My lens has no decentering issues and is fully up to date. AF was set to continuous AF as they recommended I was shooting in manual my prefered setting, eye AF was turned off for group photos, drive mode was set to single shooting, and ISO was set to 100. I was using a speedlite and e-Front Curtain shutter was set to off. Now before anyone says why didn't I shoot in F/8, F/11. Understand that I was 10 feet away from them. I didn't have my flash trigger with me. The speedlite was mounted on the hotshoe of the camera and I was bouncing light off of the ceiling. Just wanted to know if these settings are the best for group photos.

Sony a7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow