Anybody else think Z bodies might be too small?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mattitude V1 Regular Member • Posts: 454
Anybody else think Z bodies might be too small?

The Z9 has made me rethink some things. First I thought like a lot of people that I would wait until there was a trickle down. But honestly, I want the best AF, I want 4K 120, I’m going to have to shoot fast action at various points and I want the camera to be really fast.

Ultimately, I realized I didn’t want a worse camera.

Then the issue for me to get over was the size. The pro Nikon bodies in the past were massive. Way too big for me to want to deal with. But looking at the Z9 and seeing people handle it, it seems to be a pretty reasonable size. It’s not as tall as a Z6 with a battery grip on and is only slightly thicker.

Then I started handling my Z6 II and Z7 II and it reminded me that I’ve always thought they were a little small. Especially when you pair heavier lenses on them. Obviously this is the size of mirrorless bodies for the most part. And we all accepted it when we moved on from DSLRs.

I’m not looking to carry two Z9s on me all times, but has anyone else re-thought the size of mirrorless bodies? I think I might get a battery grip for the Z6 II.

Mattitude V1's gear list:Mattitude V1's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 +2 more
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 Nikon Z7 II Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
xtm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow