Help choosing editing software

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nick78 Junior Member • Posts: 44
Help choosing editing software

Hello,

I've been doing photography for a couple of years now, and I would like to get better in editing.

I'm currently using Snapseed with JPEGs. I'm doing pictures of my family, portraits, some street photography and travel photography.

As editing features in Snapseed I use standard stuff: crop, level, basic adjustments, some curves, vignette ; local edits: brush, cloning out small objects, layers with a brush. I use portrait feature (with automatic face detection) very regularly: face highlight (when face is exposed more compared to the background), light skin smoothing, eye highlight.

I would like to learn more on colors and color grading and RAW editing. I would like to have a good ISO noise correction.

I was looking at Olympus Workspace, Darktable and DxO PhotoLab.

I assume all those applications have the basic features. Do they have the portrait features? Which of those have good user interface? Which one would fit my needs in your opinion?

For information, I use m43 cameras (Olympus OMD E-M10 Mark II) with different usual lenses. I would install it on a Windows PC only. I do not want to get into Adobe environment, I find it too expensive for my needs.

Thank you for your advice!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow