No Longer My Go-To Macro

Started Oct 3, 2015 | User reviews thread
johnpendleton
OP johnpendleton New Member • Posts: 15
Re: Happy to Hear This!....

Isabel --

Lovely turkey shots, the vertical in particular. It took me a minute to think about what protrusions you were referring to, and then I realized you were probably talking about the tripod-mounting ring posts. If I might suggest, consider getting comfortable with keeping the tripod ring on the lens and either rotating the mounting foot to the lens top or letting it sit in your focusing (left) hand. When you need it for actual tripod mounting you'll find it balances SO much better on the lens foot than mounted at the camera body. If I've mis-read the situation please feel free to correct me.

I'm also a fan of the sliding lens hood, but maybe that's just me -- I like lens hoods for protection as much as flare blocking. I've mentioned in other reviews of this lens that I dropped it on concrete from chest-high once, and the lens hood and the mounting ring took all the abuse -- just a few minor scratches. The lens itself was unharmed by the impact. Just something to keep in mind.

johnpendleton's gear list:johnpendleton's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Panasonic FZ2500 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M1 III OM-1 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow