Un-merging photos in Lightroom?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Ponylander
OP Ponylander Regular Member • Posts: 166
Re: Un-merging photos in Lightroom?

Box Brownie wrote:

Ponylander wrote:

Ken Seals wrote:

You don't have to re-import or change names. Once a set of images have been merged, you now have a new image file. The originals are unchanged and you can use them again for any number of new merges. Just select the ones you want to include in the merge and start the merge.

Thank you, Ken.

I have to look at this again. In Lightroom, after merging the JPEGs, what I have is this - now only the RAW files still appear as separate image files that can be merged. The individual JPEGs do not appear. Here, each of the previews for the smaller, individual, images are all RAW files. I cannot see how to access the JPEGs.

Peter

Can I ask a daft question or few???

I seems you were shooting raw files.......so unless you were shooting raw & JPEG, where did the jpegs come from that you are referring to?

Were they batch converted from the raw files?

If you actually originally merged the raw files and created the merged JPEG.......there will be be no source JPEGs to re-emerge.

Hi. I was shooting both RAW and JPEG, as I usually do: sometimes the JPEG suits me, or does so with minimal processing, and sometimes I more intensively process the RAW file.

Peter

Ponylander's gear list:Ponylander's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 100S Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm GF 250mm F4 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow