FF f2.8 vs APS-C f1.4 regarding low light image quality

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stefkooo New Member • Posts: 2
FF f2.8 vs APS-C f1.4 regarding low light image quality

Hello Friends,

Im trying to figure out which camera system to buy. Either a FF (Nikon Z5) where a lense that i could afford would be an f2.8 (NIKKOR Z 28 mm  300€) or an APS-C camera (canon m6 mark2) where a lens i would most likely use is a f1.4 (Sigma 16mm 350€).

Im especially interested in the low light quality. What is difficult for me to estimate is how the Z5 with ibis and a f2.8 lense would compare to the canon without ibis but a f1.4 lense when taking pictures. Would the image stabilization make a big differents regarding shaky images ?

When I'm looking on sample pictures here on DPReview of the two lenses i would say that the Nikon 28mm f2.5 produces the better image quality. ..I know one is FF the other not, but comparing the prices of the two systems, they are only 100€ apart with the Nikon + 28mm the more expensive.

Looking forward to your input on the low light quality, but also in general on the comparison of the 2 systems. My brain is already melting coz i was doing toooo much research on cameras

Cheers

Stefko

Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS M6 II Nikon Nikkor Z 28mm F2.8 Nikon Z5 Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow