Panasonic lumix s5 vs sony a7 iii for portrait work

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
uwedp Junior Member • Posts: 31
Panasonic lumix s5 vs sony a7 iii for portrait work

Hi all,

I am incredibly torn between the lumix s5 + 20-60mm + 85mm f18 as a kit + 50mm f18 (the 50mm I need to buy separately) for around 2500EUR and the sony a7 mark iii + 50mm f1.8 + sigma 24-70mm f28 (or maybe sony 24-70mm f28 gmaster) for around 2800-3500EUR (depending if I go for gmaster). What would you advice if the target is portraitphotography (currently no video) , events/weddings. Is the single autofocus trustworthy for on the s5 during low light situations etc?

Anyway I am used to the panasonic system (do have the m43 g9 and g85) and I really enjoy shooting with it (mainly landscape and from time to time wildlife), but now I want to focus on portrait and maybe events in the future so for that reason I am considering stepping into the ff world.

(also I rented the s5 before in combination with the sigma 85mm f1.4 and if I had the time I would rent the sony a7 mark iii as well, however currently due to the black friday week deals which will end soon I don't have this time:))

So in summary: hesitating between stepping into the ff sony or lumix eco system with a price target around 3000EUR

All advice is welcome!

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 Sony a7 Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow