nocticron 42.5 f1.2 vs olympus 45mm f1.2 pro (OIS vs MF clutch)

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
thetrystero Regular Member • Posts: 218
nocticron 42.5 f1.2 vs olympus 45mm f1.2 pro (OIS vs MF clutch)

I'm looking for a portrait lens as an upgrade to my current lumix 45mm f1.7. This will go on a Panasonic G9 body. They are now both going for around USD950 in my locale

All parameters point towards the Olympus (save one, see below). It has lower vignetting, higher decency on lenstip, and I just like the rendering better overall. It has that 3D pop I can't quite see in the Nocticron. And, this is the biggest advantage for me, that sweet sweet Oly pro manual focus clutch. I don't currently have an Oly lens, but boy have I lusted after that hard-stop clutch.

However, I'm using a Panasonic body and I'm wondering how much I'll be losing in terms of the DualIS that comes from the OIS of the Nocticron? Will I see much of a difference in low-light between DualIS (nocticron) and IBIS alone (oly)?

Sadly, the Nocticron(H-NS043) didn't come with the firmware update allowing focus ring control (linear focus) and i'm not sure what the roadmap is for Panasonic to allow this functionality in the lens, otherwise this would've made giving up that oly MF clutch a tad bit easier on me.

Olympus 45mm F1.2 Pro Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow