How do you handle archiving photos and working with lightroom?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ian L Contributing Member • Posts: 834
How do you handle archiving photos and working with lightroom?

So, I'm pretty much a digital hoarder. I hate deleting anything, even the stuff that is definitely crap. Up until recently I was also pretty lazy in terms of at least archiving some of my older photos that I'll probably never look at again. I'm just wondering what systems people have in place for organizing photos.

I recently decided to make use of amazon photos unlimited storage space. So what I've started doing is uploading everything to amazon. And then any of the photos I'm not going look at again I import into a new 'archive' LR catalog and then delete off my drive.

This way I don't have a bunch of exclamation marks in my active LR catalog complaining about all the photos I deleted. If for some reason I do ever need to do something with those photos, I can just restore them from amazon and then open them up in the archive catalog.

Anyone have a better system?

Ian L's gear list:Ian L's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Nikon D850 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow