A7C and 50GM as an everyday carry?

Started Nov 24, 2021 | Discussions thread
gobucks83 Regular Member • Posts: 188
Re: A7C and 50GM as an everyday carry?

I also use B+W filters on my 35GM, although I usually go for the UV (010M) because they are cheaper than the clear (007M) version and seem to perform similarly.  I would recommend buying them from an actual camera store like adorama or B&H though.  I've bought some off of amazon and the finish and lettering is slightly different on one of them, I think there are some fakes floating around.

50GM is definitely getting into the territory where you're more likely to get noticed for street photography.  I tend to find that if I'm shooting candids with a large lens, it helps for it to be longer focal length, so that I can put some distance between me and the subject.  I feel like the 50GM, despite being a fantastic lens, does have the problem of being both quite large, and also somewhat wide, requiring you to get relatively close to people.  It's maybe not the optimal tool for EDC, but hey, if the 50GM makes you want to get out there and shoot more, that's great.

gobucks83's gear list:gobucks83's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 20mm F1.8G Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG GN Sigma 105mm F2.8 DG DN Macro Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow