First outdoor landscape photo shoot - huge disappointment - any help and advice welcome!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ZX11
ZX11 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,581
Practice and Challenging shots

One of the first things photographers learn is that the interchangeable lens cameras have a lot of ways of messing up a photograph. Wrong autofocus mode, wrong ISO, wrong shutter speed, wrong aperture, wrong lens (slow AF, too zoomed, too wide angle), etc.

Millions of ways to get it wrong.

Stick with it and learn by using it on non-critical photos. You'll still need the iPhone for awhile to get shots you have to have.

But, in the end, that R6 and the it's lenses will be able to get great shots in very challenging situations that the iPhone couldn't. You'll know the correct settings for the R6 when the iPhone would have selected the wrong settings.

Practice. Practice dim indoors, sports, pets, and times that don't seem like it would make a good photo. At first they will come out with mistakes from the owner but eventually you'll figure it out.

-- hide signature --

"Very funny, Scotty! Now beam me down my clothes."
"He's dead, Jim! You grab his tri-corder. I'll get his wallet."

ZX11's gear list:ZX11's gear list
Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon 70-200 F2.8L III Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow