Sony APS-C lineup without the a6400?

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bender79ita
Bender79ita Senior Member • Posts: 1,023
Sony APS-C lineup without the a6400?

The recent news of the A7II and a6400 stopping production is a mixed bag for me.

The A7II had to go (long overdue), but the a6400?

Doesn't seem weird to you that their best selling aps-c camera in the mid/prosumer range is "not worthy of silicon"?

That leaves in the lineup:

• a6000: no WR, very old AF system, no Log profiles, no 4k
  • ZV-E10: no WR, no EVF, no flash, Log profiles and 4k
  • a6600: very far (too far?) in price from the other two

Basicly Sony does not have a prosumer aps-c camera below 1k usd anymore. No Fuji X-S10 alternative. No Z50 alternative. No M6II alternative.

They don't have a recent AF model with a viewfinder and a popup flash.

It seems to me that they are trying to push the last of the a6000 and a6600 stock and leaving the more profitable ZV-E10 in production.

Personally, I don't care either way. I have all the lenses I need and more and my a6400 works just fine, and I'm not too worried about a system swap in a few years down the road, as like many of you, I did more than one and don't really care about brands.

I am curious to know what do you guys think about this move.

Could they lower the price of the a6600 and move it to the now empty segment where the a6400 was, leaving room for a new APS-C camera or

unofficially discontinue the APS-C bodies only to release a vlogging camera in E-Mount now and then or

will they leave the hole in their lineup and simply not care?

Bender79ita's gear list:Bender79ita's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D810 Nikon D5600 Sony a6400 Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD +8 more
Nikon Z50 Sony a6000 Sony a6400 Sony a7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow