Small lens kit for Paris trip

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Somnambulist Squirrel Regular Member • Posts: 172
Small lens kit for Paris trip

Howdy, all. Looking for some hive wisdom on packing for an upcoming winter trip to Paris. It will be my first time there, and I’ll have a week. I’ll be bringing my X-H1, and am thinking about which lenses to bring with. I travel very light, carry-on only, and don’t want to bring a full kit with me.

In terms of my style, I tend to prefer longer focal lengths. When I go wide, a 16mm on APS-C is about as wide as I like, with certain rarer circumstances excepted. I lean toward documentary and landscape style photography, and do not consider myself a portraitist. When I capture people, I like to have some context, but since I’m generally an introvert, I’m often shooting from farther away.

For options, I have the following:

AF: Fuji 16-80 f4, 50-230, 35 f1.4; Viltrox 23 f1.4 and 85 f1.8

MF: Samyang 12mm f2; Nikon 28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4, 105mm f2.5

I’m thinking the 16-80 is a given, since the trip will be in winter and the weather sealing may be important. Otherwise, I’m thinking of the 35 f1.4 and the Nikon 105 as fast primes, with the 105 covering the longer end.

But, having never been to Paris, I don’t know the kinds of opportunities that abound, and so I’m wondering if folks have thoughts….

Somnambulist Squirrel's gear list:Somnambulist Squirrel's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 50-230mm II Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4 +6 more
Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow