I was told 32” 4K is no good on Mac?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SuperUnknowable New Member • Posts: 11
I was told 32” 4K is no good on Mac?

Hello all, I’m actually not new, but haven’t posted in forever and couldn’t find my account info.

I need a monitor and this is a good time of year for it. I think I want a 32” and I thought Mac scaling has been good since they did the 27” 5K iMac?

I started to research and this guys video and comments (both actually contradict themselves I think) says that 4K on 32” will be bad for zooming in the comments and other comments too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ew0AkF_FQJI&t=145s

27” 5k isn’t that common and I don’t even know what the proper res would be for 32”? Then there’s 28” as well and a couple other “off” sizes.

Any other thoughts on size and res to go for is appreciated. I think I would like 4K or more at this point and not 1440p.

I hear so many varying things whether or not 32” will let me have one monitor or not, etc…I’ll take any advice abiut all of it especially if there’s a good deal I can get!

I do like to print. Not sure where P3 and UHD and such fall into this nowadays. A screen with a little gloss would be cool. Could live with glossy I guess.

About a thousand would be ok if it’s 32” or even bigger?…but less is better and I won’t pay that for a 27” if that’s the way to go. I have to be able to justify it for other uses as wel at that price….but I know there are decent monitors for half that at 27”. There are just so many and more to be set to release. Thanks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow