Eos R lenses on M series camera

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PhilRosenberg New Member • Posts: 2
Eos R lenses on M series camera

Hi

I got my daughter her first proper camera last year from the M series. I went for that as I have a canon 40D and with an adaptor, she could borrow my glass.

The camera itself outperforms my 40D in basically every way and I had thought she could slowly build up a collection of lenses that would last her a long time.

But I've just been looking at Christmas presents and options for her to do macro photography. It seems that the M series is to be retired and I can't even find a set of extension tubes for her.

So, I'm contemplating the options. She loves the compact size and currently only has the kit lens. So I'm wondering if we should cut the losses.

My other thought was, is it possible to get adaptors to fit R series lenses? If so then at least we could buy into a current setup and in the future if she wants to upgrade she has the glass already.

The other way to think of it is that she likes the camera and the lenses are pretty reasonable and probably will become more-so over time on the second hand market, so maybe just accept that this isn't a long term set of glass.

I know this has been debated before, and most of this is thinking out loud and context. The real meat of my question is whether an M to R adaptor exists.

Canon EOS 40D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
MAC
MAC
KEG
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow