Whats the catch with the Z6?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
VBLondon Senior Member • Posts: 2,128
Re: Whats the catch with the Z6?

Ad12 wrote:

Overall, it looks like a no brainer? Whats the catch?

There isn't one. I happen to think you've noticed a real bargain in the Nikon line, the "like new used Z6".

Remember, the Z6 was reviewed as better than the Canon R with Nikon's launch 1.0 firmware.

It was reviewed as having comparable AF to the Sony mk iiis before the recent FW 3.40 update.

Perhaps the only catch is that you will need an XQD/CFE card, those are more expensive, and this is the only card slot in the Z6.

Of course someone will tell you the Z6 AF tracking isn't as good as another body costing 3x or 4x as much. I might as well pre-empt that. It isn't. All I know is that I take people photos with the 50 1.2 wide open, and even before the 3.40 FW, I'd get near 100% perfect focus with Eye AF. Never had that with a Nikon DSLR just due to focus calibration inconsistency.

I bought a Z6 in Nov 2018. 3 years later it's still the body I'd buy new (I don't need the 2 card slots or functional grip of the Z6ii).

VBLondon's gear list:VBLondon's gear list
Nikon Z6
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow