Terrible Pixelation in Edited Photos

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rpasko3
rpasko3 New Member • Posts: 2
Terrible Pixelation in Edited Photos

I recently purchased a brand new Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IIIs. I used the "Olympus M.Zuiko 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 lens" to take a few photos earlier today. The lens also had a "K&F Concept ND8 Lens Polarizing Filter" and lens hood on it. I shot the photos in RAW format only and they looked fine on the camera's LCD screen and in Affinity Photo on my computer. However, after I exported the photos in JPEG format, I noticed awful pixelation in the out-of-focuse areas of the images. I did not have this problem at all with the Olympus 14-42mm kit lens and I took dozens of photos with that lens and edited/exported them in Affinity Photo with no problems. Likewise, I always export in JPEG format because that's the only format that sites like Facebook and Instagram will upload.

I'm wondering what exactly I did wrong to cause that kind of pixelation? I've attached a few photos that show what I'm taking about.

Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Robert

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow