Do you miss larger sensors?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ChuckB Contributing Member • Posts: 748
Re: Do you miss larger sensors?

Scott Larson wrote:

If I just take my RX10 IV into good light by itself then I have a good time with it if I don't use it very much. If I bring a DSLR along then I really see the little camera's limitations. Even in good light I've never been able to get good colors from it. Some colors are grey and muted, some are too red, and some have weird yellow splotches. Getting the exposure correct is nerve-wracking because it's so easy to blow out the exposures or lose shadow detail. I feel like I'm shooting slide film again.

That camera has to be defective. I've not heard this complaint before and it certainly is not true of my Mark iii.

Looking into the viewfinder of a DSLR is so much nicer and easier on my eyes than the dim electronic approximation viewfinder of the RX10 IV. I can look through a DSLR all day, but the RX10 IV viewfinder bothers my eyes after a couple of hours and has given me headaches a couple of times.

It's certainly possible that an electronic viewfinder bothers people in this way but again, this is the first example I've heard. But dim? Check your settings. If anything the EVF gives a false sense of brightness in dim light.

ChuckB's gear list:ChuckB's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 III Sony a77 II Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow