Suggestion for Canon SX40 Replacement

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
InkedMarie
InkedMarie Senior Member • Posts: 1,992
Re: Suggestion for Canon SX40 Replacement

Jayster18 wrote:

InkedMarie wrote:

If it matters, I was worried about the P950, weight wise but it’s been a non issue. I just checked the Nikon refurbished page but they have the 900 for $500 and 1000 for $900. No 950 but keep looking. If you’re okay with used, MPB has three of the P050’s.

Marie

Thank you! I appreciate hearing from someone who has actually used the P950. Have you travelled with it?

It's funny. I checked Nikon's website about five hours ago and didn't see any refurbished products. I now see the refurbished P900 and the P1000. They are both tempting. The P1000 is still a bit more than I would like to spend, and I'm wondering whether I'm better off waiting for Nikon to post a refurbished P950. I haven't had any experience buying used camera equipment and have some concerns about ensuring I receive undamaged equipment so I think I would stick with new or refurbished. However, I would like to check out MPB, but I'm not familiar with that site. Can you please post a link or the full name?

Thanks again,

The only traveling we do are day trips and yes, I’ve taken it. 
I never thought about used til I found DPR. I rarely buy new now. Reputable places to buy used is KEH, where I have purchased most of my gear, MPB.com, B&H’ and Adorama used section and I’ve heard good things about used photo pro.com. I wouldn’t buy anything less than a good rating (some have names for ratings, others use numbers) for a camera and one step up for a lens. All my gear arrived better than I was expecting.

Marie

InkedMarie's gear list:InkedMarie's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1s Nikon Coolpix P950 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow