Suggestion for Canon SX40 Replacement

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Jayster18 New Member • Posts: 12
Re: Suggestion for Canon SX40 Replacement

InkedMarie wrote:

Jayster18 wrote:

robbo2 wrote:

I had the SX30 and SX50. I also had the P900 and now have the P1000. The P950 is what I would get if I didn’t have the P1000. The P950 has a good OVF. Its image quality is similar to that of the P1000. If you are in the US keep your eyes open for discounted refurbished models. About a month ago, USA Nikon site was selling refurbished P950’s for $499. I also had the FZ300 and loved the F/2.8 aperture for the whole zoom range. If you can get it for $400 or less, it’s a bargain. Good luck with whatever you decide to get.

Thank you for the feedback, especially with regards to the P950. I ended up snagging a FZ80 on Amazon for just a under $300, but I haven't opened it yet and am now thinking I would be better off with a P950. My greatest concern about the P950 is the weight. I am hoping it is not too large. Knowing I can get a refurbished P950 for under $500 makes it even more attractive--so long as the weight is not too great.

I had considered the FZ300 due to the f/2.8 aperture, but I don't think I will be happy with its limited focal range.

If it matters, I was worried about the P950, weight wise but it’s been a non issue. I just checked the Nikon refurbished page but they have the 900 for $500 and 1000 for $900. No 950 but keep looking. If you’re okay with used, MPB has three of the P050’s.

Marie

Thank you!  I appreciate hearing from someone who has actually used the P950.  Have you travelled with it?

It's funny. I checked Nikon's website about five hours ago and didn't see any refurbished products.  I now see the refurbished P900 and the P1000.  They are both tempting.  The P1000 is still a bit more than I would like to spend, and I'm wondering whether I'm better off waiting for Nikon to post a refurbished P950.  I haven't had any experience buying used camera equipment and have some concerns about ensuring I receive undamaged equipment so I think I would stick with new or refurbished.  However, I would like to check out MPB, but I'm not familiar with that site.  Can you please post a link or the full name?

Thanks again,

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow