Camera bag for camera and acessories (for taking videos mostly)

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
DNature
DNature Regular Member • Posts: 309
Camera bag for camera and acessories (for taking videos mostly)

I am looking to get a new camera bag. I mostly take videos with a Panasonic GH5 and I am thinking to upgrade to a Panasonic GH6 next year if I find it is worth the upgrade. Since I mostly take videos and the equipment I use is:

1. Panasonic GH5 camera
2. Two M43 lenses
3. Variable ND filter
4. Step up filter rings
5. Cleaning cloth and airblower
6. Sennhesier ME66 microphone
7. Rycote Super Softie windjammer for the microphone
8. Shockmount for microphone
9. XLR cables for micropgone
10. Tascam DR701-D audio recorder
11. Extra batteries
12. Colorchecker Passport Video
13. Headphones for use with audio recorder
14. Screwdriver for tripod mounting plate
15. Extra memory cards

I currently have 3 bags, although I don't use one anymore. The first is a backpack style which I only used to carry the microphone, windjammer and audio recorder in as they wouldn't fit in my other bag with everything else.

One is a over the shoulder, smaller Calumet bag I have had for years and I use it when I am only taking photos and really one need my camera, 2 lenses and cleaning cloths and airblower, batteries and colorchecker passport.

My other bag is a Tenba Doctor style bag and while it does work for holding everything I need except the audio equipment, its rather long, and fiddly to carry around and I can't attach a tripod to it.

I also need to carry my tripod around which is currently a Calument 7300 tripod with a Manfrotto 502 fluid tripod head.
I haven't yet found a solution where I could carry everything around better since I shoot a lot of videos, I want to be able to set the camera up quickly and not have to worry about the camera bag getting in the way when I am taking videos and I need a way of carrying the tripod around as I often walk long distances when shooting videos and do that in rugged landscapes sometimes.
Also I found out last year that I have a slight curve and compression in my spine so can't carry around anything that will put a lot of pressure on my back. If it wasn't for the audio equipment, I might be able to find a bag that could work but so far I haven't been able to.
I live in the UK and would prefer a camera bag I could get in the UK if possible. Does anyone ave any ideas on what camera bags might work?

-- hide signature --

If find that the best way to live life, is not in the pursuit of material possessions, but its to live in the pursuit of making positive differences to both other people and to the planet as a whole and if you can get others to do similar or the same, so much the better.

DNature's gear list:DNature's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 500D Canon EOS 600D Panasonic GH5 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 +9 more
Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow