SD card won't stay in

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Ponylander
OP Ponylander Regular Member • Posts: 168
Re: SD card won't stay in

Alex Permit wrote:

Ponylander wrote:

Hi. My wife is having trouble with her Z7ii. The SD card won't stay in. I tried a search and it seems some people have reported had trouble with pieces of the card breaking off and keeping the SD card from fully inserting. In this case, the SD card seems to insert fully. It is a Sandisk Extreme Pro. It seem intact. Like the camera, it is only a month old. It just pops right back out.I have tried to see if anything is in the SD slot. I don't see any piece of debris or anything else in there at at all.

Any simple fix, or does her 1 month old Nikon have to go back to Nikon?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Peter

Shine a really bright light into the SD slot and see if you can find any debris. Make sure to look behind the springs at the bottom of the slot

Try another card and see if it locks in place. The Sandisk card may look ok but still be slightly damaged.

Thanks, Alex. I tried a brand new, never out of the box Sandisk SD card. It wouldn’t stay in, either. Using a very bright light, I was able to look into the SD card slot. There is absolutely nothing in there but the spring that pushes the SD card back out. 
Disappointing.

Peter

Ponylander's gear list:Ponylander's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 100S Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm GF 250mm F4 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow