Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
m100
m100 Senior Member • Posts: 1,286
Re: USB Cable and Dummy LP-E17 Battery for Canon M6 Mark II

B_Gardner wrote:

m100 wrote:

B_Gardner wrote:

Thanks for the good ideas. Here's what I've got:

1. The back of LCD says 7.4V. I can't find any other electrical specs on it.

2. The CA-PS700 AC adapter says the output is 7.2V / 2.0A. This is 14.4 watts.

3. The LP-E17 battery says output is 7.2V and 1040 mAh. I found 7.5 Wh on the opposite side of the battery. This makes sense because 7.2V x 1.04 Ah = 7.5 Wh. I can't find any indication of an amperage limit though.

4. Knowing all this, I searched the Canon M6ii User Manual again and found nothing. There are apparently no specs in the manual.

I went ahead and ordered the USB battery power cord from Amazon and will try it with the standard 5V / 2.4A USB battery that I have. That is only 10.8 watts, so am not sure its going to work. Will just have to try it and if it doesn't work, then look for a USB battery with a higher amperage rating.

Let me know if I'm missing something obvious!

Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RIKEY016GHTA8/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07J3DRKKM

I am thinking so. 5V x 3A = 15W

Good point, thanks!

With a 32MM lens my M6II stays below 1 amp at the dummy battery input with 2 18650 cells powering it.

Keep in mind the lens uses power too and some lenses need more power than others.

-- hide signature --

" It's a virus that hitches a ride on our love and our trust for other people. "
Dr. Celine Gounder

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow