Belt pouches

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
amateurphotographer Senior Member • Posts: 1,055
Re: Belt pouches

HRC2016 wrote:

I'm so glad to see alternatives to slings.

It so unhealthy to carry weight on your shoulder like that.

I've used CarrySpeed for 4 years of event photography work. I used two CarrySpeed straps carrying two D850/D4s with 24-70 / 70-200 lenses and Speedlights. Done many 8 hours shoots. Never had neck of shoulder problems. Probably because the straps are 8cm wide which them distributes the load very well across the shoulder. With other thinner shoulder straps you would get a neck and shoulder ache for long shoots. The CarrySpeed straps also have these "bubbles" on the underside, I guess to allow some breathability. The straps don't smell after a long day's shoot. Am using the CarrySpeed Pro Mark with improved quality in ball joint. Not sure whether this strap is still available.

I would think if you carried all my above gear on the waist it can't be good. Would have thought it is better to distribute around the body.

Mirrorless systems are lighter than the big bulky DSLR's I have been using to maybe it is comfortable nowadays to carry everything on the waist.

amateurphotographer's gear list:amateurphotographer's gear list
Olympus TG-6 Nikon D4S Nikon D850 Sony a7R III Sony a7S III +66 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow