Suggestions for color correction in underexposed milky way photo

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
The111 New Member • Posts: 6
Suggestions for color correction in underexposed milky way photo

See raw image here.

Note that I have a dozen other sequence images for noise reduction (via median stacking), and some other longer exposures for the foreground. But for the purposes of this post, I am mostly curious in getting the colors of the sky accurate. When I increase the exposure in ACR, I end up with a green tint, and trying to fix that just introduces more inaccuracies.

Over literally dozens (if not hundreds) of hours in the 5 months since I shot the photo, I have tried numerous techniques in ACR, mucking with the temperature, tint, curves, and every other knob I can find. I've come up with many results that look "cool" in some way or another, but none of them I think are very accurate to a properly color balanced night sky (as described in this article). I am open to advice (and .xmp files to accompany such advice if anybody is able to perform some magic that I was unable to). Thanks so much in advance for taking a look.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow