USB Cable and Dummy LP-E17 Battery for Canon M6 Mark II

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
B_Gardner Forum Member • Posts: 95
USB Cable and Dummy LP-E17 Battery for Canon M6 Mark II

In a recent thread, Wayne Larmon recommended the following USB Cable and Dummy LP-E17 Battery to power the Canon M6 Mark II from an external USB battery:

https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-CA-PS700-Charger-Coupler-Battery/dp/B07J3DRKKM/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=Raeisusp+dummy+battery&qid=1637271518&s=electronics&sr=1-8

I am having a hard time finding the power requirements for my M6ii (not in the User Manual as far as I can tell), and am confused by the "technical" info supplied by Amazon for this cable & dummy battery.

Questions:

1. Can someone point me to where I can find the power requirements for the M6ii?

2. Is anyone using an external USB battery to run their M6ii (I want to use it for astrophotography)

3. Is anyone else using this product?  Are there other USB rigs out there that you could recommend?

4. Which USB battery are you using to power the M6ii?  Will a regular 5V / 2.4A USB battery work?  Or do I need a USB battery with a 3A outlet as implied by some of the comments?  What voltage is required?

5. Is doing this safe for the camera?

Thanks.

B_Gardner's gear list:B_Gardner's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow