Maybe Nikon's waiting for the Z9 hype to die down before sending DSLRs out with a bang

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
mainoo Regular Member • Posts: 471
Re: Why Would Nikon Want...

michaeladawson wrote:

mainoo wrote:

Quite possibly - I make no claim to understanding how manufacturing timelines work. My point was more that if I were Nikon, from a marketing standpoint, I would be looking to keep the pot boiling and ensuring that I don't prematurely shut off any sales pipeline by announcing anything too soon. To keep the pot boiling I wouldn't delay too long either.

Sony is eating Nikon’s lunch. You’re suggesting basically 2024 to come out with Z6/7 models that fix AF deficiencies against Sony and Canon. A Z8 is not what is needed next. What is needed next is a best in class bread and butter camera that the masses, what’s left of them, will buy.

Again, quite possibly - in fact, I agree that the Z6/7 is more urgent. My main point is that whatever the strategy, Nikon would be wise to ride the sales pipeline carefully. Perhaps they should release. both the Z8 and the Z6/7 gen 3 at the same time as those market segments are, I think, sufficiently distinct. I'm sure there are smart minds at Nikon thinking about this. They've done  the important thing and disrupted (I think that is what they call it) - I hope they are able to exploit it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow