Maybe Nikon's waiting for the Z9 hype to die down before sending DSLRs out with a bang

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ARClark
ARClark Veteran Member • Posts: 4,597
Re: Why Would Nikon Want...

mainoo wrote:

ARClark wrote:

You guys are not far apart. There are differences between leaking, teasing announcing and releasing. I think your release schedule is not unreasonable. But to Bill’s point, leaking or trading some specs not too far down the road would be helpful to those waiting on the inevitable smaller body form and giving them planning horizon.

but wouldn't that dilute their market share?. Right now, the Z9 has created a phenomenal buzz. If I had the money, I'd have ordered one straightaway. I'm still scheming and as long as there's no Z8 on the horizon, I'll keep trying to get the money. If I succeed before Dec 2022, I'll buy the Z9. If I know for certain that a Z8 is coming, I will definitely wait for it instead, as, I think, would many who are now planning to buy the Z9.

Yea, now is certainly way too soon. The Z9 needs to be out in people’s hands and the leading reviewers need time to do their thing and share their findings. If the Z9 lives up to the hype and sales are going strong, some hints of a smaller model could then be teased out. Bill will no doubt clarify what he means by “as soon as possible”, but I think what I described could be considered a qualified ASAP, under circumstances. I think some tangible signs of hope for all those waiting on a downsized model could help dissuade some from moving on to Canon or Sony. 🙂

ARClark's gear list:ARClark's gear list
Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF Nikon D850 Nikon Z9 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow