Do you miss larger sensors?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 54,090
Re: Do you miss larger sensors?

Ab S wrote:

tbcass wrote:

In your case, you are losing the all-in-one convenience of 24-600mm without changing lenses. Me, I have an RX10iv, RX100VII, and a FF 42mp A99ii with 7 lenses. I use what camera best suits the situation. I could never be happy with one camera.

Tom, if you display images mixed from these three cameras, do you see much image quality difference (assuming good light)?

At below ISO 800, you have to look very hard at 100% to see much difference

I have no experience with FF digital (I have with film from 1966-2006 ). What I like less with the RX series is the bokey which looks a some 'busy' and indeed from images on the forum here I can see the bokey of FF is in general much 'softer/ less busy'.

Yes, Bokeh tends to be more pleasing with the FF but sometimes the shallow DOF is a hindrance. When shooting I have to decide whether or not Bokeh is important in the photo. In dim light, the FF has a distinct advantage.

Here's a photo at ISO 2000 from the A99ii using my Tamron 70-300mm lens.

RX10iv, sunny day, ISO 125.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow