1974 Minolta Rokkor 55 mm f/1.7 Lens

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
OP B_Gardner Forum Member • Posts: 95
Re: 1974 Minolta Rokkor 55 mm f/1.7 Lens

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for failing to note the f ratio of that picture. I don't remember what it was set at, but am guessing it was somewhere around f/4 to f/8.

With apologies to Candy (who I woke up from a nap - she's a working dog, you know) to take her picture at f/1.7, here are some indoor and outdoor pictures that I just took, all at f/1.7:

I used DPP to reduce the size of the CR3 files and to save them as JPEGs. Beyond that I brightened the pictures of Candy and the wall chart of the Moon.

Here is a picture of the Rokkor lens on my M6ii. This lens was included as the kit lens on a Minolta SRT-101 that I bought in 1974.

But as Larry noted, the lens could be older than that. I wasn't aware that it had been discontinued but do remember that there were two versions of the lens offered with the camera at that time. I think the other one was an f/1.4, maybe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minolta_SR-T_101

Sadly, my SRT-101 was mysteriously damaged in the 90's while stored safely in my closet.  I still have mug shots of the usual suspects on my desk in front of me (the kids).

B_Gardner's gear list:B_Gardner's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow