Do you miss larger sensors?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
nigelbb Contributing Member • Posts: 694
Re: Do you miss larger sensors?

Jerry R wrote:

I understand and every so often I consider getting and RX10, but the FF has a hold on me.

When looking at some of my pics with an APSC sensor I think how it would have been a tad better, framing, with a FF. I do have a Nikon 1" sensor, like the little guy, but am not happy with the pics.

I think people who start photography with a 1" , APSC, or 4/3s don't develop my problem.

Jerry

Yet in my reply which is just before yours I stated exactly the opposite. I spent five years doing video & photography professionally with full frame Canon cameras. Nowadays I'm perfectly happy with a 1" sensor.

The most desirable feature of the RX100VI is the 24-200mm FF equivalent lens so I never need change the lens & always have the right lens on the camera which fits in my pocket. There is no decent FF 24-200mm lens. There is an Olympus 12-100mm F/4 lens that is available for Micro 4/3 but this lens alone weighs 560g almost double the weight of an RX100VI

nigelbb's gear list:nigelbb's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Olympus E-M1 II Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow