Two More, B&W or Color?

Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
OP larryj Forum Pro • Posts: 12,533
Re: Two More, B&W or Color?

Brev00 wrote:

larryj wrote:

I slightly favor the B&W version, because when I travelled on route 66 in the early 1960s I was shooting mainly in B&W and that is how I remember the old service stations and gift shops.

In the op you said you favor the color version. Are there two larryjs? Anyway, I prefer the color version by a good country mile. I like the color contrast you got with the vivid oranges. In the BW version, these tones are darker, muddy to my eye. I suppose one may wish to create an old-fashioned sort of film look with this sort of setting but I would go even further than you did in terms of creating a faded, film-like look. Color it is for me!

Thanks Brev00:  Comments appreciated.  There is only one Larry, I like the color image a little better than the Monochrome, however I photographed some similar scenes on Route 66 back in the 1960s in B&W and have some nostalgic feelings

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
larryj
If you can see the light, you can photograph it
Quote from Myron Woods

larryj's gear list:larryj's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow