Do you miss larger sensors?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 37,970
Re: Do you miss larger sensors?

smith-jones wrote:

Nah, what I want is my RX100iv just scaled up very slightly to fit a more modern M43 sensor in.

I would also like one with an interchangeable mount but the closest to that is the GM cameras and I doubt they will ever make another of those,

There are NO M43 That meet what I want.

I agree it is very unlikely to ever happen but that is just what I would love to see.

I window shop for another M43 camera but for different purposes.

In my case with M4/3 I got to the Olympus E-P5 and stopped. It does all that I need in a neat package that is "just right" in size for me. I tried the old GM1 and GM5 but definitely found them too small to handle for a system camera. The nearest current body would be the Olympus E-P7 (sold in Japan and few other places) which is a bit of a fake E-P and more a fancy E-PL model. Panasonic would also qualify with the GX9 but that is getting old now.

Using many compacts trained me to use the screen only so no need for me for an EVF and even on my RX100M6 I never use the EVF, only checked it a few times while in warranty to see if it still worked, probably haven't popped it up now for close to two years.

The E-P5 usually has the 12-40/2.8 attached or maybe the 8-18/2.8-4 but can make it smaller with the tiny 12-32/3.5-5.6.

Two E-P5, with 12-40mm and also Samyang 7.5mm fisheye.

So no need for me to miss larger sensors, I simply add the M4/3 kit to my usual carrying of the RX100M6.

FF not entertained by me at all, unless they ever managed to make one the size of my E-P5 at an affordable (for me) cost - never going to happen - I can safely predict that.

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow