EOS R6 focus guide inaccuracy

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ProfHankD
ProfHankD Veteran Member • Posts: 8,826
Re: EOS R6 focus guide inaccuracy

rkc wrote:

As luck would have it, I just got another chipped adaptor - M42 this time, which means I was able to test it with a F/1.4 lens.

I still see the exact same behaviour as with the prior adapter / slower lenses. Even with the lens wide open, the confirmation is considerably out from where it should be.

I don't know what's going on here, but it sounds like they botched the lens protocol... and perhaps Canon is even being deliberately painful about the "fake" lens?

This chip is reporting the same weird settings via exiftool as the C/Y one. Both are unbranded and of unknown origin via eBay, free with lenses that I bought.

Not shocking. Once reverse-engineered, people just copy....

The other downside of using (these) chipped adaptors on the R5 is that it restricts the burst rate when using them, compared to when using an unchipped adaptor - presumably because the identified 35-80mm does not have a fast aperture.

Likely... or because it doesn't believe it's a Canon lens?

ProfHankD's gear list:ProfHankD's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX530 Olympus TG-860 Sony a7R II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a6500 +32 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow