Do you miss larger sensors?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 54,025
Re: Do you miss larger sensors?

Ed B wrote:

Ab S wrote:

..nice kids of course! But flash is not the solution for low light. Then preferring going to iso6400 and use good denoise s/w (I use TOPAZ Denoise AI, but DXO DeepPrime is may be even better)..

These are family snapshots and I really don't see anything wrong with them. I think they look pretty good.

I do agree that natural light images are preferred by most people, provided the light is good, but simply raising the ISO doesn't provide better or additional light, and good photography is all about good light.

Sometimes a little added light is best.

Yes and you can tilt the flash up to provide a more natural looking light source if so desired and to avoid red-eye. Even if you get redeye it is easy to remove. There is a certain subset of people who refuse to use flash under any conditions. I am not one of them. I have been using flash starting with flashbulbs over 50 years ago.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow