Do you miss larger sensors?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 54,022
Re: Do you miss larger sensors?

Ed B wrote:

Ergonomics (everything from camera size to the viewfinder) has always been a big negative for the RX100 series cameras.

To tell the truth, I listened to owners and read information on the Sony forum and decided to sell my Leica Type 109 (LX100) and buy the Sony RX100V to use as my "carry anywhere" type camera.

The RX100V produces great images, but I still regret selling the Panasonic clone, simply because of ergonomics.

Live and learn.

I hear you. For me, the portability,  great IQ, AF, and video capabilities are worth the sacrifice in ergonomics for what I use the camera for. Of course, I also own an RX10iv which ergonomically is much better. I tried using the RX100vii for cross country but the ergonomics made it too difficult for the quick action and the constant zooming in and out necessary. For everything else, I have no problem.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow