Will there be an S1R Mark II?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
reinhard becker Regular Member • Posts: 158
Re: Will there be an S1R Mark II?

scotttnz wrote:

Panasonic seems to have lost interest in making cameras for photography, and now are only making cameras for video, so I'd say another high res model is not very likely.

I do almost no video, and I'd personally love an S5 with the 61MP sensor like the Sigma fp-l, but I think the best I can hope for is the 33MP sensor like the Sony A7iv, but I'd be ok with that.

I don't really NEED higher resolution, but at this point I want to see some evidence that there is a future in the S series for stills photography before I put any more money into lenses for it. I kind of wish I went with Sony for this reason, but every time I pick one up the ergonomics make me want to throw it against a wall.

I think you (and we) will be safe. Even with video in first , new sensors will come and Panasonic will definitely join the 8k train, so we simple photographers will also get a new cameras with more resolution then the actual S5…

-- hide signature --

Reinhard
Olympus E-M5II, E-M1II, Olympus lenses from 7 to 300mm
Panasonic S1R, Sigma L-mount lenses (14-24, 24-70, 50, 85, 135, 150-600)

reinhard becker's gear list:reinhard becker's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow