Do you miss larger sensors?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
JohnnyLuddite Senior Member • Posts: 1,747
Re: Do you miss larger sensors?

Rambow wrote:....

But the thing is.... Once you buy the rx100 variant you want or afford, you are ready to shoot whatever you want. No additional costs are required.

Do you ever feel the need for a larger sensor/camera when using your rx camera? Do you have a second camera or is the rx the backup solution when you don't feel like carrying more weight?

All cameras are compromises, one way or another, and have their sweet spots.

Specifically, I absolutely love the combination of rx100 and FF camera, because the reasonably wide "gap" in sensor size allows each of their sweet spots to be exploited as suits.

What's more, I think the rx100 was revolutionary in providing a good level of subject-coverage with decent IQ, crucially in a tiny compact - allowing me to take it everywhere in a small belt bag. There are no other real options above 1" sensor to do that with and have a travel camera.

So, no, I don't miss the larger sensor because I have it available when suitable - and I love that to bits too!

JohnnyLuddite's gear list:JohnnyLuddite's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic ZS100 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow