Ricoh GS-2 Wrist Strap

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
joslocum Senior Member • Posts: 1,613
Ricoh GS-2 Wrist Strap

I am pretty happy with the original OEM woven fabric wrist strap that shipped with my GRiii.  But I'm always looking around for fun accessories.

I stumbled onto a black GS-2 on the Bay and I was the only bidder so I picked it up pretty cheap.

It's made of real leather and fairly thin, which I like.  It seems to suit the svelte character and lightweight of the GRiii.  I was apprehensive to place a bid since I've never seen it in the flesh.  If the leather was too thick I probably wouldn't use it and it would just sit on a shelf somewhere.

Interestingly, it's lined with what appears to be felt, not leather.  This may or may not add to comfort but I'm not sure of the lifespan as felt tends to wear faster than leather.  The two are sewn together.

It also has a leather "cincher" that works well to lock the strap on your wrist.  It takes a little pressure to move back and forth that I find just about right.

There is a nice leather "GR" embossed logo where the parachute cord meets the strap.  But in my opinion this connection point is larger than it needs to be and squared off more than it needs to be, aesthetically speaking.

I also ordered some minimalist round cloth straps off Amazon so we'll see which one ultimately makes the team.

I guess the question is: Should I keep it attached to the top or attach it to the bottom.

All comments appreciated.

Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow