EOS R6 Vs iPhone 13 Pro for Photography (PICS)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Marco Nero
OP Marco Nero Veteran Member • Posts: 7,362
Re: To: m100 - Re CPL filters

m100 wrote:

I looked. Where can one buy a high quality clip on lens filter adapter that will hold a high quality CPL filter ?

Ebay and Amazon have them. Most smartphone filter clips appear to be 37mm in diameter so you'll have to source a decent filter of the same diameter.   They usually ship with a cheap one attached.

Maybe you could glue a filter ring to the front of the camera ?

That's what some of the 3rd party options do.  But then you end up with dark pictures when not shooting outdoors in bright daylight.

I was thinking an Apple camera could do the car show if it had a good CPL on it.

You don't really need a CPL filter if you want to photograph cars.  Red is perhaps the hardest color for digital cameras to get right and using a CPL filter can help remove reflection but only in daylight.

If the clip comes loose and my not cheap CPL filter falls and breaks that will be it though.

Even worse if you drop your phone off a bridge or onto rocks.  Same with your camera.

All serious cameras have filter threads so that a CPL filter can be mounted ?

The world's best Ultra Wide professional 14mm L-series lenses have no filter threads because the front lens is curved and cannot accept one.   Most of the larger White L-series Professional lenses don't have filter threads either.  They don't even make filters that size, hence the development of a drop-in filter module on some lenses towards the rear elements.

It is small toy cameras that do not ?

Pretty sure that Apple's AUD $2,719.00 iPhone 13 Pro Max with a 1TB hard drive isn't a 'toy camera' at that price.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Marco Nero.

Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS Ra Canon EOS R6 Canon EF-M 32mm F1.4 Canon RF 85mm F1.2L USM +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow