EOS R6 Vs iPhone 13 Pro for Photography (PICS)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Wayne Larmon Forum Pro • Posts: 10,685
No clip-on--use a proper phone case lens mount

m100 wrote:

Marco Nero wrote:

m100 wrote:

Those clip on things do no look very pro or max ?

Some fit the older iPhone 12 Pro models. They can sometimes look ridiculous. But they work - as long as you buy one designed to suit your model of camera.

I looked. Where can one buy a high quality clip on lens filter adapter that will hold a high quality CPL filter ?

Moment and Sirui make high quality lenses for phones. They both use the same mount. I started with a Moment case designed for my Pixel 2 and have a Moment Superfish and Moment Wide. I have a Sirui 60mm tele that fits my Moment lens mount case.

Moment doesn't make a CPL but Sirui does.

Sirui Wide-Angle Circular Polarizer Filter

[2nd edit: I overlooked that this CPL mounts on the Sirui 18mm Wide-Angle Lens (Black) with Lens Clip Adapter, which mounts to a Moment/Sirui phone lens/mount case. I haven't tested this combination myself. ]

[3rd edit: Moment does have a CPL that mounts directly on a Moment phone case mount. 37mm Cine CPL Phone Filter Bundle has two parts: a 37mm CPL and a moment lens mount to 37mm adapter.  No additional lens is needed.]

B&H search of 'Sirui lens' shows a lot of Phone cases and lenses. Moment will be selling an iPhone 13 Pro Max case which will probably fit a Sirui CPL

[Edit: I just took a close look at the Moment iPhone 13 Pro Max case and you need to also order a slip-on lens mount.]

So you get either a Moment or Sirui phone case that fits your phone and then get whichever Moment or Sirui lenses you want.

I really like my Moment Superfish lens on my Pixel 2. I have a Pixel 6 Pro but the Moment cases for those aren't shipping.

I've never used the Sirui CPL so I can't say how well it works. But Sirui lenses are good. Near as I can tell the Moment (or Sirui) fisheye lens is the only civilized way to get a 14mm(ish) fisheye on a phone.

Wayne

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow