Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
The Point and Shoot Pro
The Point and Shoot Pro Senior Member • Posts: 2,041
Re: Win11 adaptation poll

grcolts wrote:

PhotoFactor wrote:

The Point and Shoot Pro wrote:

PhotoFactor wrote:

I installed it in a VM. It's pretty. I've listened to podcasts and know it's buggy. It also doesn't allow the taskbar to move to the side, which I do to preserve vertical real estate. I'm going to wait a year or few, just as I did before going to Windows 10.

What are the "bugs" being talked about on these podcasts? Mine systems on 11 run fine. No issues what so ever.

You do know that your anecdotal lack of seen bugs doesn't mean that bugs don't exist, don't you?

1 - Ryzen performance issues. I have a Ryzen system

2 - File Explorer issues

3 - Virtualbox issues. I use this software.

4 - Other items as seen here: https://www.pcgamer.com/windows-11-launch-build-bugs/

and here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-11-21h2

Since there is nothing overly compelling that I need from W11 anyway, I can wait while Microsoft works these issues out over the next year or so.

I too have a Ryszen computer and have no problems at all. As a matter of fact, my PC is running faster than with Windows 10.

I only use intel.  Better integration, better chips.  Only slower in benchmarking.  If you took two pcs that look exactly the same,  side by side, one with intel one with amd, and started doing things with it, beside the amd not doing everything because of compatability issues (I have read about lots with different software packages) you could not tell one from the other.

I have no file explorer issues at all.  I am not sure about the virtualization since I have yet to set this up ( will be in the near future), and the other stuff I have not seen with my two intel systems.

-- hide signature --

Fronterra Photography Tours
One Lens, No Problem
The Point and Shoot Pro

The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list:The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list
Canon PowerShot A570 IS Kodak DC220 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple iPhone 11 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
jfk
(unknown member)
jfk
MOD Austinian
(unknown member)
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow