Who Keeps Both FF and APS-C Systems?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
The Ryantist Senior Member • Posts: 1,199
Who Keeps Both FF and APS-C Systems?

I recently got an A7C after having an a6300 for several years. I've considered FF for a few years, but the compact size of the A7C and the 35 GM finally pushed me over the edge. Man, they are absolutely fantastic. The Zeiss 24/1.8 on APS-C was good, but this is much better and 2 stops faster. I also just added a 20 f/1.8 G and this lens is great too.

I'm probably going to sell my APS-C 24/1.8 and 10-18/4 because I think they're superseded by the 20 and 35.

But, on the other hand, the Sigma 56/1.4 on APS-C is fantastic and I don't think I need a FF 85 right now. Same thing goes for the 18-135; the only replacement contender is the Tamron 28-200. Yes it's faster, but the 18-135 is so tiny and a great travel lens. And I'm already used to switching to primes indoors anyway, so it's not a big deal that it's slow.

Next time I travel I'll have to decide whether to bring 2 bodies (and different batteries) or just use 18-135 on the FF body. And if I ever get a "fast" normal zoom, the 16-55/2.8 G is supposedly as good or better than a 24-70/4 on FF.

Anyone keep using both APS-C and FF? Is APS-C just a backup, or do you treat it like a different system. Do you keep putting money into APS-C after getting FF?

The Ryantist's gear list:The Ryantist's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a7C Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 +5 more
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow