Thunderbird email - replicating or synching filters?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
AnthonyL Veteran Member • Posts: 3,563
Re: Thunderbird email - replicating or synching filters?

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

I've been using Thunderbird for email for a long time. Generally I like it the way it is, but when I move from one PC to another, I lose all the filters I had set up, not to mention folders (not local folders for archives).

When my business was booming, I had 200+ clients emailing me, and I gradually set up filters to take incoming emails and move each client into a local folder. Worked great until I picked up the laptop and hit the road. Suddenly all those organized folders disappear and I'm left with an inbox with seemingly 50,000 emails. (I never delete a business email).

I'd like a way for those filters, folders and contents to be replicated to another pc as I need it. Preferably automatically, but I'd be willing to batch-file something for copying. The filters in particular are important, but so is being able to recreate the folders for the filters to move mail into.

Windows 10.

I've moved/copied Thunderbird several times to several variants of Linux and Windows.  The procedure I use is to:

1) Create a new instance of Thunderbird on the new machine and then note the profile folder  Help->Troubleshooting (I see it has now changed with the latest version to ->More Troubleshooting).

2) Delete the contents of that folder

3) Repopulate with the contents of the folder from the old device

Same applies to Mozilla and Mozilla type browsers.

AnthonyL's gear list:AnthonyL's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow