Not too shabby for a kit lens

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Peter J Davies
Peter J Davies Contributing Member • Posts: 819
Re: Not too shabby for a kit lens

I agree with your assessment..... It's a great lens!

I have always thought it a bit of an injustice to keep labeling the XF 18-55 as a "kit lens".  Yes, you can purchase your new camera boxed with the XF 18-55 as a kit......but that is an upgrade option over buying your camera in a kit with an XC 16-50 lens.

You do get a good deal by getting your XF 18-55 lens in a kit with your new camera but check out the price difference if you shop for either the XF 18-55 or the XC 16-50 lens as separate new purchases.  It's close to a 2x price difference!

In that case, I tend to regard the XC 16-50 as "the" kit lens and the XF 18-55 as an optional upgrade, followed by the XF 16-55 as a further (and much larger/heavier) upgrade.

Meanwhile, my XF 18-55 is my go-to lens for most outings and it has never disappointed me for performance and IQ.  We've not done much travelling over the last 2 yrs but if/when I do travel again, my X-T20 and XF 18-55 lens is all that I'll be taking with me because I know that it will deliver.

-- hide signature --
 Peter J Davies's gear list:Peter J Davies's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm II Canon PowerShot SD500 Canon PowerShot SX110 IS +24 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow