Smartphone Camera - Speculation on Huawei P30 Pro vs Pixel 6 Pro

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Drzewoid Contributing Member • Posts: 831
Re: Smartphone Camera - Speculation on Huawei P30 Pro vs Pixel 6 Pro

elmar1 wrote:

Dear all,

I have got the P30 Pro from Huawei and so far am very satisfied - though I am looking from time to time for a possible upgrade. Since I choose my smartphone after the best available camera (for android that is), there were quite a few models which piqued my interest. The new Huawei phones are not a match anymore since they come without Google services and - more importantly- my banking apps do not work on these anymore.

If not the P30 Pro, the Pixel-line was always interesting as well, so I was wondering, what would you think: Might the 6 Pro be an improvement over the Pro? Did any of you have comparisons with the latest Pixel models so far?

Other interesting smartphones were the latest Sony (great camera - but not in Auto-mode. And I do not always want to concentrate on what exactly I'd have to finetune to get a great result). The One Plus 9 seemed above par at max. The Xiaomis were a mixed bag and with Samsung I am done - had the s2, s4 and s7...and though they're still delivering top notch cameras, I don't feel at home with them.

Huawei may be replaced only by Huawei - this is my experience. I have P40 with google services working and You can also pay using this phone using Curve Pay App - it's working with most banks in world.

I had lot of devices - Galaxy S8, Galaxy S9+, LG V30, HTC U11, Xiaomi MI10 PRO, Pixel, Xiaomi MI11 Ultra and i had in my hands many other phones i could compare photos. It's always compromise,  Huawei delivery full package - UWA, Main and tele with great quality and this is the strongest point. Some of these phones can deliver better experience in some areas, but overall as whole camera setup - Huawei is always the best for me.

I ordered now P50 PRO and i'm hope it will be upgrade to my P40 PRO, because we know what situation is. If i have to buy no Huawei phone right now - it is Pixel 6 PRO with hope it will be fixed soon by software updateds or new Xperia PRO-I, which gives the best video experience and proably best looking photos in RAW. Auto mode maybe is not the best, but it's not phone for that. This phone have photographic potential like no other.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow