EOS R6 Vs iPhone 13 Pro for Photography (PICS)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Lars Contributing Member • Posts: 729
Re: EOS R6 Vs iPhone 13 Pro for Photography (PICS)

AlgarvePhotography wrote:

I don't think anyone is comparing an R5 with 100-500 to a smartphone.

Well. The tread title says R6 vs Iphne 13 Pro. It IS about comparing to a FF camera.

My R5 with 100-500 with 2x extender means I can get reach no smartphone can emulate. My RF70-200 2.8 has far better quality and the bokeh from the RF28-70 is jaw-droppingly fantastic.

What we can begin to do is compare a smartphone with high-end P&S cameras like the Sony RX100 series given that the new Sony Xperia Pro-I has the same sensor and, early reviews suggest, better software.

I really liked my Sony RX100 cameras, ideal for slipping into a pocket and going for a walk. We can now do that with a smartphone and get the same quality. Amazing really and goes a whole lot further than just making calls and texting.

The Sony Phone will have a 1" sensor, but will actually only use a much smaller portion of that sensor. So it remains to be seen what the real benefit over a Iphone 13" will be. But my RX100 V indead stays home a lot now.

Lars's gear list:Lars's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 Nikon Z 70-200 F2.8 VR +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow