EOS R6 Vs iPhone 13 Pro for Photography (PICS)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
AlgarvePhotography Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: EOS R6 Vs iPhone 13 Pro for Photography (PICS)

Tom-C wrote:

It's going to be a long time before any phone camera can do what my R5 + 100-500 can do now.

For example, this photo of a wind surfer well offshore was taken at 500 mm and then I cropped from the R5's 45 megapixels down to 18 megapixels.

Road's End near Lincoln City Oregon

To be fair, my iPhone is a lot better when it comes to phone calls and texting.

I don't think anyone is comparing an R5 with 100-500 to a smartphone. My R5 with 100-500 with 2x extender means I can get reach no smartphone can emulate. My RF70-200 2.8 has far better quality and the bokeh from the RF28-70 is jaw-droppingly fantastic.

What we can begin to do is compare a smartphone with high-end P&S cameras like the Sony RX100 series given that the new Sony Xperia Pro-I has the same sensor and, early reviews suggest, better software.

I really liked my Sony RX100 cameras, ideal for slipping into a pocket and going for a walk. We can now do that with a smartphone and get the same quality. Amazing really and goes a whole lot further than just making calls and texting.

AlgarvePhotography's gear list:AlgarvePhotography's gear list
Canon EOS R5 GoPro Hero9 Black Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow